The Humanities Scholars Program at UMBC enables undergraduate humanities scholars to become independent thinkers who examine cultural products and practices from a multitude of perspectives. It provides educational opportunities and strong support for learning, research, and civic engagement to a cohort of particularly talented young people who, over time, will have an impact on the intellectual atmosphere of the campus and will make significant contributions to the humanities in society.
Humanities, invites all students to apply for an opportunity to become a scholar and earn:
- Support from faculty to help scholars customize their academic schedules and find internship and research opportunities;
- Opportunity to learn about the values of different cultures, about what goes into making a work of art, and about how history is made.
- Two seminar-style interdisciplinary classes to prepare for engagement with a wide variety of social and career settings for the betterment of society
- A semester studying abroad that matches their academic and career goals;
- A Humanities Scholar scholarship and more!
DEADLINE HAS PASSED
Freshmen Deadline: January 15, 2019
When completing the application you will not have the option to save and return at a later time. You will need to complete and submit your application in one sitting. The application and all supplemental materials must be received by the priority deadline.