The Humanities Scholars Program at UMBC enables undergraduate humanities scholars to become independent thinkers who examine cultural products and practices from a multitude of perspectives. It provides educational opportunities and strong support for learning, research, and civic engagement to a cohort of particularly talented young people who, over time, will have an impact on the intellectual atmosphere of the campus and will make significant contributions to the humanities in society.
Humanities, invites all students to apply for an opportunity to become a scholar and earn:
- Support from faculty to help scholars customize their academic schedules and find internship and research opportunities;
- Opportunity to learn about the values of different cultures, about what goes into making a work of art, and about how history is made.
- Two seminar-style interdisciplinary classes to prepare for engagement with a wide variety of social and career settings for the betterment of society
- A semester studying abroad that matches their academic and career goals;
- A Humanities Scholar scholarship and more!
Priority Deadline: January 15, 2020
The Humanities application will require that you have your UMBC Campus ID. Your Campus ID will be sent approximately five to seven business days after you have submitted your Common Application to UMBC. We strongly encourage you to complete your undergraduate admissions package before November 1. This includes submission of your Common Application, high school transcript, and standardized test score results.