UMBC’s Cyber Scholars Program is geared towards preparing the next generation of cybersecurity professionals in an increasingly digital age. The program was launched through a generous grant from the Northrop Grumman Foundation and in partnership with the Center for Women in Technology (CWIT).
Cyber, invites all students to apply for an opportunity to become a scholar and receive:
- Mentor ship from faculty to help scholars customize their academic schedules and find internship and research opportunities;
- Complete technically focused cybersecurity courses in addition to courses in the computing sciences;
- At least one targeted cybersecurity internship at a local company or government organization
- Conduct original research within their field;
- Priority acceptance to live in the CWIT Living Learning Community housing quarters;
- A Cyber Scholar scholarship and more!
When completing the application you will not have the option to save and return at a later time. You will need to complete and submit your application in one sitting.
Incoming Freshmen Deadline:
January 15, 2019
Continuing & Incoming Transfers Deadline:
March 1, 2019
Please refer to the information below in preparation for completing the Cyber Scholars application.