UMBC’s Cyber Scholars Program is geared towards preparing the next generation of cybersecurity professionals in an increasingly digital age. The program was launched through a generous grant from the Northrop Grumman Foundation and in partnership with the Center for Women in Technology (CWIT).
Cyber, invites all students to apply for an opportunity to become a scholar and receive:
- Mentor ship from faculty to help scholars customize their academic schedules and find internship and research opportunities;
- Complete technically focused cybersecurity courses in addition to courses in the computing sciences;
- At least one targeted cybersecurity internship at a local company or government organization
- Conduct original research within their field;
- Priority acceptance to live in the CWIT Living Learning Community housing quarters;
- A Cyber Scholar scholarship and more!
Freshmen Priority Deadline:
January 15, 2020
Continuing & Transfer Student Priority Deadline:
March 1, 2020
The Cyber application will require that you have your UMBC Campus ID. Your Campus ID will be sent approximately five to seven business days after you have submitted your Common Application to UMBC. We strongly encourage you to complete your undergraduate admissions package before November 1. This includes submission of your Common Application, high school transcript, and standardized test score results.